Old Oak Grove Baptist Church

Established 1873 Myrtle The church was originally organized in 1873 in a community 4 miles south of Myrtle.  Two acres of land were deeded to the church in 1878. The church burned in 1915, leading the congregation to vote to rebuild on a new site in which some were unhappy.  The dissatisfied erected a church…

Oak Grove Church

Established 1875 New Albany On the first Sunday of April 1878, a meeting was held to organize a Baptist Church at Oak Grove.  In 1909, the church name was changed to Oak Grove Baptist Church of Christ and then changed to Oak Grove Baptist Church in 1912.  1954 began plans for a new building, and…