Well’s Chapel was organized by three families in 1844. In 1848, a 40 by 50 feet house was built with 10 feet railed off for Negros who were permitted to attend services. The building caught fire in 1858 when a spark fell from a tree. The church was rebuilt and, after the Civil War, it was reorganized with 23 members. It was torn down and rebuilt in 1926 with a total of 148 members.
1218 CR 143
New Albany, MS 38652