On Saturday, June 24, 1843, a meeting was held in the Tallahatchie Institute’s school house. Later a church building was built in New Albany. During the Civil War, Union Troops, the Fifth Ohio, and 9th Illinois plundered the town of Ripley. June 13, 1863 they march to New Albany and “burned the whole town up,” leaving few buildings standing as they once had, including the church building.
605 State Highway 15
New Albany, MS 38652